You know, I’ve realised that I’m meant to be the weird one. The one that encourages people to step outside of their comfort zone, to try something a little woo-woo that may just create some sustainable change in your life. I’m a hippy in lippy. I’ve always been into crystals and healing and gravitated towards people who are mystical and a little bit magical. My life has unfolded as I curiously say yes to all the things and learn all the new skills along the way. I’m a hypnotherapist, a reiki master, NLP master, crystal healer and tarot reader… yeah I gather some interesting feathers in my cap along the way.
I was thinking about how I could help people start 2018 with a bang. People aren’t very good at New Years resolution thingos, so why not throw something a little weird onto your bucket list this year? These aren’t going to be for everyone… but what have you got to lose?
I’m wired to create and connect; obsessed with wonder, productivity, creativity, innovation and curious about all things, the weirder the better… so here are my favourite weird things for you to try in 2018.
- A ‘Life Purpose Channel Reading’ – I recently sat down with Kate Williams – Life purpose channel and she told me that my life purpose was to open people up to wonder, to create a space for people to be themselves, to learn and grow and share my own self development to aid others – it was pretty awesome and I walked away feeling pretty marvellous.
- A session with a Psychic Medium – Steph Warburton has become such a good friend of mine. My first session I wasn’t sure what to expect, she has such kind and effervescent energy, our sessions are always really different and I learn something new about myself, my purpose, my energy, what I need to work on. I make a point of seeing her a few times a year!
- Accupuncture with the best in the biz – Tory Giles, owner of Shift Natural Medicine is the best accupuncturist on earth, she is so evolved that I feel like she looks into my soul every time she looks at my tongue and diagnoses where I may have Qi blockages. I go to her for tune ups to make sure that my energy stays in flow, this means I can catch stuff before it gets stagnant and also take a little meditation time out with all the needles in, positively life changing.
- A Meliae healing at flying souls – I am a reiki master but I had never heard of Meliae, this is one of those “you have to try it” sort of healings, lie on the bed, hold some crystals and let the healer work their magic. I always cry. I always uncover something that I haven’t worked on. I always walk out feeling 17kg lighter and ready to take on the world….!
- A float – it doesn’t matter where you go for this, I love Liquid room in Sandringham but they are starting to pop up all over the place. Book in, focus on your breathing, go with the flow (fall asleep if you need to), eventually you’ll get hooked on the theta waves and what they do for your sleep, creativity, productivity and wonder.
- Get a tarot deck – yep, actually go and buy yourself some cards. The art of tarot is so wondrous when it comes to encouraging curiosity and wonder in your life. Pick a card, any card, tune in, what does it mean to you? Do you want this to happen? If not, why not? What are you going to do to change your path? This sort of bounce is a super useful took when coaching yourself and learning what you’re really thinking.
- Get Hypnotised – all hypnosis is self hypnosis but The hypnotic state allows a person to be more open to discussion and suggestion. It can improve the success of other treatments for many conditions, including: Phobias, fears, and anxiety. Why not get hypnotised to help you hack your state? Like for meditation, for wellbeing, for weight loss, for confidence?
- Write yourself a letter – This one is fairly easy to comprehend but when was the last time you actually sat down and addressed yourself, your hopes, your dreams, who you are right now and who you hope you’ll be. Take some time out, get some beautiful paper, an envelope and a beautiful pen and write yourself a really wonderful letter, with all your news, your dreams, your fears. Burn it if you like, or keep it somewhere to look back on.
As I said, these aren’t for everyone but maybe if you give something a little weird and wonderful a go, you might unleash a whole heap of happiness and wonder in your world.
Love your resident weirdo wonderer,